Friday, December 16, 2005

Stepping back from the gig..

We are two weeks out from the end of this one. It is awe inspiring to the fact that we will have had over 350,000 people see our little extravaganza in seven and a half weeks. Tonight we are in San Antonio, and over 11,000 people will sit in the sold out SBC Center. Tomorrow we are in Dallas and 19,000 people will see us in two shows. Sunday, we are in Houston and playing to 22,000 people. Monday will be a letdown when we play to 9,000 in Austin.

After this, we head north. Our destination is Green Bay for Christmas with stops in Little Rock, Kansas City and St. Louis on the way. I will fly home on the evening of the 24th to Toronto so that Jennifer and I can spend Christmas together. 36 hours later, I will fly back out to Green Bay to join up with the tour. It will be a struggle, once I get home I will not want to leave. But at least I will be comforted in the fact that on the 31st of December, I will be with my wife at our local pub and I will be able to have a drink without thinking too hard about the 70 people whose lives and work I now worry about. Sometimes the responsibility is overwhelming, but in the end I know that I have done it to the best of my ability. I look forward to the end, when my commitment is over and all I will have to worry about is my wife and I....

4 Comments:

Blogger szerin said...

Heya David, cool blog, u play in an orchestra??

11:46 PM  
Blogger david C said...

I am the Tour Manager... And it is a rock concert that is called The Trans-Siberian Orchestra.... We are a crazy rock show...

4:54 PM  
Blogger szerin said...

Ohh k, Tour Manager, working with music is always fun and great, don't ya agree, no tedious paperwork, no staring at the dead cubicle... and get to travel so often... Arghh.. Cool..

7:36 PM  
Blogger david C said...

Yes it is fun, but it is also hard work and it keeps me very busy.

Nowadays, it is mostly about making the mortgage and supporting my family. Though I do also enjoy seeing the sold out arenas react to our shows... That is cool.

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home