Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Funny border crossing...

I had to fly down to West Palm Beach Florida over the weekend. I did not really want to go, but we were having some problems with the contract with one of our tours and I needed to be there to help sort it out. As a bonus I got to see all the roadies and the artists, all of whom are great people. We went out for dinner and drinks after all was said and done and the last performance had been completed on the Spring run of our North American tour.

I returned to Toronto, Canada yesterday. Arrived at customs looking slightly tired from a full on weekend followed by 4 hours sleep and a flight with a none too happy baby behind me. We do the usual exchange at customs... Where have you been, how long have you been gone... But the last question was what determined my fate.

"Mr Comeau, one last question:"
"yes?" I reply.
"Do you have any checked luggage?"
"No, I do not." I answer.

Then the customs agent makes the mark on my declaration page that will allow me to walk out of the customs area instead of going to the "Secondary" screening. That not so wonderful place where the agents all wear blue latex gloves.

I guess that begs the question: What would someone possibly be carrying in a suitcase back to Canada from the greater Miami area in florida under the guise of a two day business trip?

1 Comments:

Blogger Pete Deichmann said...

Hmmmm... What is Miami known for? Hmmmm... LOL

Latex gloves can bring no good.

Weird

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home