Sunday, March 26, 2006

Looking for the kick!

Every now and then, Jennifer calls from the other room, "Quick, come Quick!" I know what it is, so I come as soon as she calls.
When I get there, she directs my hand to the right place. We pause for a few moments, quietly waiting as she holds my hand under hers.

"Did you feel that?" she asks..

"No, I missed it." I reply, a little sad, but still patient.

" Wait for a minute, he will do it again."

I keep my hand on her belly for another few moments, till finally I accept that I cannot quite feel the baby kicking its legs as it plays around.

Any day now I will meet my new child through tactile touch, and I am very excited about it. I have seen the baby at the ultrasound, peering into his/her little world of movement and thumb sucking. The next step though will be much more personal.

1 Comments:

Blogger szerin said...

=) Dear, sounds so ... I dunno how to describe..... warm+happy!... Have a nice day!

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home