Thursday, May 04, 2006

And he is out for the count....

In a few weeks, my wife and I are going to a wedding. It is in Montreal and we will be dropping by and stopping there for a few days as we move down to Nova Scotia. It is for a great friend of mine. I have known him since we were young teenagers, still dreaming of the birthday that will allow us to get our beginners permit for the car.

There were three of us back then. We skied together, got drunk for the first time on southern comfort together, talked about our first girlfriends together, I even showed the both of them how to drive because I was the first one with a license and access to a car.

The thing that mattered most for my friends wedding was that we were both there for the event. We represent a major part of his life, and he felt it was important that we participated in the next step. Yesterday, the third friend dropped out. He already said he would not make the bachelor party, two days before the wedding. But now he is not even coming to the wedding.

"I am too busy" he said. "You know, business is rough, I have staffing problems and I cannot cover all the holes." "Richard understands, I spoke with him about it."

Sure Richard put on a brave face and said it was alright. but for a while now, Richard has been saying how glad he was that we would both make the wedding. I guess he kind of expected it to not happen. I was optimistic.

BTW: The third friend, the one we hoped would join us was the one I wrote about in December. I think he is lost to me.. That makes me sad.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

so sad .....

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home